Friday, February 18, 2011

Start of 2nd Semester - Smith


    During our second semester in Summit I see our group accomplishing even more than last semester. We know what we are doing, and how to get it done. Besides still leading Green Team meetings and having in class presentations, our group is going to team up with Boyd Elementary and Central High School  to make the coolest green carnival ever. Due to school cancellations we haven't been able to have many events with them so far this year, but we already have a head start compared with when we got started last semester.
     Unfortunately I have no experience volunteering this semester. Our group has only been able to visit Boyd once, and I had class during that time. Snow has definitely been the greatest challenge this semester, as it has kept me from being able to volunteer. I am not complaining though, I love having snow days myself, and if it has to be cold outside, I want some snow on the ground.
    I am really looking forward to our Summit event in April. We haven't decided on exactly what we are doing yet, but I know it is going to be a lot of fun. The ballroom dancing that our neighbors hosted was awesome, it was also the first Summit house event I was able to attend.
    Being one of the people put completely in charge of a project has made my leadership skills grow at an incredible rate. Its one thing to take classes about leadership and learn all about how to be a leader. But when you are put into a position where no one is telling you what to do, or giving you guidelines for a project, when the things that were learned in all the classes actually get put to use, that is where the biggest growth happens. I literally feel like I have gone through a growth spurt.
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment