Sunday, December 5, 2010

November at Summit

I am sorry this is so late! But I want to share my experience at Summit this November. I went to Boyd several times and met a really cute kindergardener called Amelia, and did crafts with her with recycled materials. She loved it. We also met some third-graders to teach them about the nitrogen cycle, and they seemed very confused about the gender of some of my house mates. It was very funny, this type of confusion never happens in my country.
By doing this project I'm learning lots of cool recycling ideas, like the jewelry we made out of newspapers and string, and the snowflakes made out of magazines. We're making progress with the kids, and learning their names and their learning style. They're really smart and curious, which is great and makes our job easier. We also got them some organic treats which they did not seem to enjoy that much, so that's something to make a note of for next time. Next up is making lots of recycled notepads, Boyd wants as many as we can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment