Friday, April 15, 2011

April Showers Bring Cool Lightning...

Although I missed Summit class today and this blog post isn’t quite on time, let me tell you that the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum in Kansas City is phenomenal.  Check it out even though the website is far from doing it justice: http://www.nelson-atkins.org/

I feel that just the past week has had the most opportunities for me to help out the group since joining at the beginning of the semester.  My final project in Design IV was due at the end of March, so hopefully I will be able to continue to increase my involvement even more.  Still, what I have is an update from the “Eye Spy” group of Taylor and myself with regard to the upcoming Green Carnival.  We took pictures on Thursday afternoon of various objects being hidden in everyday imagery, took some pictures with minute changes between them, and even took some with blatant examples of littering (we picked up afterwards, of course).  We will have eight 18x24 boards for the Boyd kids to challenge themselves with next Thursday that I will have printed at the architecture building ASAP.  I was very excited to take charge of this Green Carnival activity, and it will certainly be something that Taylor and I can be proud of.

One of my challenges over the past month has been—as with most people—time.  As I previously stated, my final studio project was due at the end of March, and I felt that every second I had (waking or not) was being spent at the architecture building.  I was mentally and physically drained, and it was taking a toll on my ability to work on the project at hand and communicate with the people in the house.  Fortunately, the project is done, so I will hopefully be around more.  This may be why I feel that the most substantial thing I feel that I have to report on has occurred within the past week.  Still, in my opinion, the timing of the Green Carnival couldn’t have been better.  I am really looking forward to seeing what our overall product is at the Carnival next Thursday and at the rest of our events for the semester.

-Drew Kemp-Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment