Thursday, March 10, 2011

"In 10-15 years, you'll have an avocado!"

March has been pretty good so far, and as spring break nears and our FAFSA forms are getting filed, the Think Green at Boyd Elementary group has been going strong.  Now that all the snow is gone, there are more opportunities to work with the kids at the school.  I actually went to Boyd for the first time today for a display of the work that the club is doing, and the turnout was very good in my opinion.  I was happy that I finally got the chance to get out there and see the great work that’s getting done.

Personally, I am looking forward to the Green Carnival at Boyd on April 21st as a partner with the science club at Central High School.  Amy and I were informed at the meeting over there today that there could be up to 220 kids going through the carnival, which would be phenomenal.  Taylor and I have teamed up to pilot the “Eye Spy Collage” booth, which will be similar to the I Spy books that got all of us through elementary school back when a cell phone with Tetris was the coolest thing ever.  Anyway, Taylor and I will take pictures of various cluttered montages with a recyclable item cleverly hidden somewhere in the picture.  We can then edit and format the image in PhotoShop and I can have the sheets printed at the architecture building.  Children will receive candy/prizes if they find the item in the pictures – simple yet effective.  This excites me because I get to use my talents as an architecture student in this project.

I think that the partnership with Central High School will be incredibly successful and is a good opportunity for this group to finish the year off strong.  The students and teachers over at Central are great and have the same vision as we do.  Until next time, stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment