Sunday, October 31, 2010

Green October

The effectiveness of how much we've recycled in our Summit house this month has been the best so far. We have some new wonderful additions to our house -- recycling bins that stay below our staircase where we can store all our recycled trash without it overcrowding our entrance. We also started getting organized as roommates to have a schedule of when everyone will take the recycling out, and when. For those of us without cars (Jared and me), it works out to be paired up with the ones that do (everyone else).

As for Boyd Elementary, unfortunately my school schedule didn't let me go last Friday to make Halloween crafts out of recycled goods, and I regret this a lot. Specially when I heard about how much fun it was, and how sassy the kids were being (apparently, they're really good at speaking Spanish, so I'm looking forward to teach them about recycling, bilingual style). Definitely, lots to look forward to this November!

1 comment: